BOTOX® Cosmetic in Naperville, IL
Ready to get started?Contact Us
What Is BOTOX?
BOTOX Cosmetic has been widely used for 33 years. Over time, the term “BOTOX” has shifted from a brand name to a verb in which one receives botulinum toxin of any brand, including BOTOX, DYSPORT®, XEOMIN®, and Jeuveau®. With aging comes wrinkles, creases, and fine lines on the forehead, between the eyebrows, and around the eyes. These lines and wrinkles eventually remain a part of our facial landscape as we mature. Referred to as dynamic lines, these skin changes develop from repetitive facial expressions, such as smiling, frowning, and squinting. Without intervention, these dynamic lines will even become static lines, or wrinkles that are etched into your skin without facial expressions. With BOTOX Cosmetic treatments, we are able to reduce these horizontal forehead creases, frown lines, and Crow's feet by temporarily relaxing facial muscles.
The BOTOX injection technique is both an art and a science. At Oak Dermatology, Dr. Jeffrey T.S. Hsu is well known for his artistry in injection techniques. Dr. Hsu speaks and teaches at conventions throughout the year on botulinum toxin usage and injection best practices. It is important to note that BOTOX, or botulinum toxin in general, is widely offered by physician offices, med spas, and even dental offices. However, physicians and injectors that do not have in-depth and intimate knowledge of facial anatomy and the physiology of the skin will not know how to truly perform facial balancing and produce natural results without negative facial changing side effects.
Our team of experienced physicians and injectors regularly perform nonsurgical aesthetic solutions to help individuals achieve more youthful, renewed results, including injectables. We welcome you to contact our dermatology offices in Naperville, Itasca, or Joliet, IL to further explore the benefits of BOTOX and how to complement the treatment with dermal fillers or lasers in order to achieve a striking yet natural-looking result.
How Can BOTOX Injections Be Used on the Face and Body?
Botulinum toxin can be used on various areas of the face and for addressing different concerns aside from fine lines and wrinkles. During your consultation, your injector at Oak Dermatology in Naperville, Itasca, or Joliet, IL will evaluate to see if botulinum toxin treatments may be the best option. Some of the concerns commonly treated with botulinum toxin include:
- Crow’s feet: These periorbital lines or lateral canthal lines are wrinkles that branch from the outer corners of the eyes. They are usually created from smiling. Commonly, these lines appear even at a younger age. Administering botulinum toxins in this area will prevent these lines from becoming static lines that are permanently etched into your skin.
- Forehead lines: Wrinkles develop over time on the forehead from a lifelong of facial expressions. The frontalis muscle contracts when the eyebrows are raised, resulting in horizontal creases. The frontalis is usually treated along with the glabellar area to achieve complete forehead relaxation.
- The "11s" (frown lines): The expression lines that lie between the eyebrows are sometimes referred to as “frown lines.” These can become deep static lines if not treated early on. Due to the complex muscular dynamics of this area, and the glabellar muscles working with the frontalis, both groups are often treated together for the best long-term results.
- Brow lift: Eyebrow drooping is a result of aging. Botulinum toxin can subtly lift the brows or even lift asymmetrical brows. This is a quick and inexpensive alternative to a surgical brow lift. When BOTOX takes effect in 5 – 7 days, eyebrows are gently lifted and the eyes refreshed. It is essential to know that this does not replace a surgical brow lift if more dramatic lifting is required.
- Gummy smile: Sometimes, the upper lip can elevate excessively and reveal too much of the gums when smiling. A small amount of botulinum toxin can reduce the visibility of the gum without affecting the rest of your smile.
- Necklines: With aging, vertical muscle bands or platysmal bands may appear from the bottom of your chin down to the collarbone area. Botulinum toxin injected into these bands will not only soften the appearance of these lines, but it can also subtly help create a slender neck appearance. Sometimes, a dermal filler will be recommended for deeper horizontal “tech-neck” lines.
- Chin dimpling: Sometimes referred to as "orange peel chin" or "peau d’orange," the muscle in the chin area can begin to contract with age, creating a cobblestone dimpling appearance. This can be alleviated with the injection of botulinum toxins. However, in severe cases, the toxin should be combined with a dermal filler to restore volume and smooth the skin on the chin completely.
- Square face: A wide, square, or round face shape can sometimes be caused by over-enlarged jaw muscles. Botulinum toxin can be used to reduce the size of the masseter jaw muscle to create a more slender, V-shaped face. This can be further enhanced with lower face fillers to accentuate jawline definition. The toxin injection into the masseter muscle is also an effective treatment for TMJ pain and bruxism.
- Excessive sweating (of hands, feet, or armpits): Clinically known as hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating is particularly responsive to botulinum toxin. The toxin blocks the nerve signals responsible for sweating, halting the sweat glands from producing too much sweat.
How Does BOTOX Work?
During your consultation at Oak Dermatology, our team will conduct a facial analysis to select which areas or concerns would benefit from treatment. BOTOX injections are quick, well-tolerated, and can be administered at your initial appointment. The outpatient procedure involves injecting the medicine into the problem areas using a small, fine needle. The majority of patients experience only slight discomfort (such as a pinprick or pinching feeling). You can leave our office in Naperville, Itasca, or Joliet, IL immediately after your visit and return to your normal daily activities. Results often last between 3-6 months, with opportunities for touch-up treatments as the effects fade.
I recently had Botox injections by Dr. Nour Al-Hadidi and I must say it was the very best I have experienced thus far. My results are incredible. My face and features are much softer, my skin looks so smooth, it has taken years off my face. Dr. Al-Hadidi's points of injection and precision show how skilled she is. Her attention to detail is on another level. She is the only clinician I will trust with my face and I will be returning to her for all my skincare needs.
Dr Hsu and his staff are the best, hands down, period. I came to Oak Dermatology after my previous derm office kept telling me not to worry about a spot that ended up being basal cell carcinoma. I’m so glad I found Dr Hsu and Oak Dermatology. First of all, all of their doctors are warm, friendly and patient. They listen to concerns and explain why they advise their course of action. They are committed to your health but also have your aesthetics in mind. I’m glad they did my Moh’s procedure to get rid of my basal cell. It was painless and you can barely see any hint of a scar. Dr. Hsu is warm, kind and very knowledgeable. In fact, I initially went to him given his impressive background in dermatology and education. I was nervous about my skin cancer diagnosis but going to see him put me at ease. He takes his time with full body checks and never gets tired of answering questions. Oh- and bonus- he does amazing botox! I wanted to start my Botox journey and he really gave me great results. He explains everything and tells you pros and cons of each procedure. Since seeing the staff at Oak Dermatology, my skin has gotten so much better (based on their skin care recommendations and Botox) and I feel like I’m in the best hands medically when it comes to my skin. My visits are thorough and all of the doctors there are awesome.
Dr. Hsu is the most skilled doctor I have ever had for Botox and dermatology related issues. Both my wife and I have been going to Dr. Hsu for over 10 years. Dr. Hsu is always on the cutting edge of dermatological advancements. He is constantly learning. Dr. Hsu teaches all over the world and that shows in all of Oak Dermatology's advancements. Dr. Hsu has awesome bedside manner and is extremely knowledgeable on all things relating to dermatology. Dr. Hsu received his medical degree from University of California at Los Angeles and then completed an internship in Internal Medicine and residency in Dermatology at the Mayo Clinic. I have been to the Mayo Clinic multiple times, and I love that it is a teaching hospital and in my opinion the best hospital in the world. They take only the best of the best. Oak Dermatology recently opened their new facility in the Calamos Building in Naperville, IL. The facility is beautiful, and the staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. Do yourself a favor and book an appointment with Dr. Hsu. If nothing else you will leave a smarter person for it. Also, Dr. Hsu is a connoisseur of doughnuts and who doesn't love a good doughnut.
I see Stephanie the PA for occasional Botox and some medical dermatology appts. She’s great! Very kind, thorough, and super knowledgeable about any questions I have both cosmetic and medical. The staff is great too! Very friendly office :)
I highly recommend Oak dermatology. Drs. Hsu and Bhatia and the office staff are top notch. I have been coming here for the past five years for Botox and cool sculpting and am super satisfied!!! Truly thankful for their expertise, patience and kindness.
Get In Touch
BOTOX injections at Oak Dermatology might be the nonsurgical skin enhancement solution you've been looking for. BOTOX Cosmetic can help relax dynamic wrinkles and lines to unveil your natural beauty, control excessive sweating for increased confidence, or treat a gummy appearance in the mouth for a more vibrant smile. We may also recommend a dermal filler to get the full ageless effect. Get in touch with our facility in Naperville, Itasca, or Joliet, IL to set up an aesthetic consultation with a member of our staff, and find out more about obtaining a rejuvenated, youthful radiance.
Botox for Crows Feet Eye Wrinkles Preventative Botox Results in Naperville, ILView Photos
Botulinum Toxin for Forehead Wrinkles & Bunny lines Results in Naperville, ILView Photos
Botox For 11s Lines & Forehead Wrinkles Results in Naperville, ILView Photos
Men's Forehead Botox | Brotox Results at Oak Dermatology, Naperville, ILView Photos
Botox For Forehead 11's Lines | Forehead Wrinkles Results - Itasca, ILView Photos
Learn More About Oak Dermatology | NapervilleAbout Us
How many treatments will I need?
The number of BOTOX injections provided will differ based on individual concerns and the extent of your facial wrinkles and lines or sweating. Dr. Hsu or a team will determine the ideal quantity of BOTOX units based on your aesthetic results or condition and the area you want to treat. To keep up with your cosmetic results, our team may recommend having BOTOX treatments every few months at Oak Dermatology.
Can I have BOTOX with other nonsurgical procedures?
BOTOX injections generally pair well with other cosmetic services at Oak Dermatology for those who prefer to reduce signs of aging. If you notice more pronounced and extensive wrinkles and creases, our practitioners might recommend incorporating a dermal filler for smoother outcomes or other complementary procedures.
What's the difference between wrinkle reducers and fillers?
Although wrinkle relaxers, like BOTOX, are used to decrease facial creases by temporarily preventing your muscle contractions, dermal fillers are a different category of aesthetic injectable that increase facial volume. Dermal fillers are intended to plump sunken features and reduce static wrinkles. Our practitioners at Oak Dermatology can help you decide if you might be a good candidate for a dermal filler (such as Restylane® or JUVÉDERM®) to further enhance your BOTOX results.
Is BOTOX safe?
Yes, BOTOX is considered safe when administered by trained professionals like those at Oak Dermatology. The FDA has approved it for various medical and cosmetic purposes. Like all treatments, there can be side effects, but they're almost always mild and temporary.